Kerala Backwaters - Intoxicate your senses
Kerala's palm-fringed backwaters, listed amongst '50 destinations of a lifetime’ by National Geographic Traveler in a special collectors’ issue, are one of the most exotic tourist attractions because of their splendid and truly picturesque array of waterways, lakes, estuaries, deltas and over 40 rivers.
The striking sand, sun-kissed beaches, swaying palms, floral carpets, splendid sunsets, sparkling moonlights, sounds of rippling water - all create a perfect ambience to bring out the romantic you. You will simply love the passion they build up and how they intoxicate your senses. Nothing is as perfect as Kerala backwaters
to let your flowery creative energies unleash themselves.
Kerala backwaters are a poet's paradise, an artist's heaven, a romantic's soul and everyone's majestic kingdom with the vastness of nature that they entail. 'The God's own country
' Kerala, also offers this old world charm of sailing in houseboats that have all the comforts of a good hotel.
The houseboats [also called kettuvallams
] are more like floating cottages that are well furnished and also offer a sit out on the deck. Food [with Kerala flavors
] is cooked on board by the accompanying crew.
Enjoying the authentic food cooked in inimitable style, amidst the musical surroundings with birds singing beautifully and creating their own music, swaying palms, quacking ducks will leave you with a completely enchanting experience. You can also spot unique species of aquatic life, water birds and animals.
To cure ailments of the 'urban civilization
', Kerala backwaters embrace you beautifully in their tranquility, while green choristers play night music to make you fall asleep. They also open up a rejuvenating path for your other ailments as well, by the way of Kerala's ayurvedic healing therapies like Yoga, massage etc.
All in all, Kerala offers you
- Meditational space for your soul
- Nature's lap for your senses
- Romance of the backwaters
- Music of birds, water, palms and waves
- Rustic charm of houseboats mixed with comforts of the modern world
- Inimitable and authentic cuisine for your taste buds
- Ayurvedic healing for your body, mind and heart
And lot more that is unexplored and beyond imagination:
- Rain forests in North Kerala, offering exotic scenic beauty
- Jeep safari to explore the wild and thrilling side of Kerala
- Hills like Vagamon to experience the mystical solitude in tree houses
- The Garden Town ‘Malampuzha’ to enjoy the ropeways, dams, reservoirs
- Wayanand hills, a great adventurescape, with numerous trails and trekking routes
- Ponmudi, for great mountain retreats
- Beautiful tea plantations
: South of India, lying parallel to Arabian Sea coast [Malabar Coast
] [Kerala map]
: Thiruvallam, Kumarakom, Cochin, Kottayam, Trivandrum, Kollam, Periyar, Munnar, Anamudi, Alleppey
: By Air - to Cochin or Trivandrum Airport
- Custom tour packages to give you what you want, in your budget and within your timelines
- Suggested tour packages with focus not just on adventure of the place but also on cultural interactions. [Charges inclusive of accommodation, surface transport, guide and entrance charges]
For further queries and assistance, please mail us at
or submit your query to us and we'll be there helping you organize your trip.